Friday, April 29, 2016

1 Song 3 Versions #12 -- Caruso

Hello everyone!

Today is the come back of my favourite category, it's time for 1 Song 3 Versions !!!
If you are a new reader, you may not know that I love music. I cannot even understand people who do not listen to music as I am always playing music all the time. For each situation of my life, there is the fitting soundtrack: classical music when I need to be focussed, jazz music when I read a book, Justin Timberlake (check my posts, I am a very huge fan of him) when I have a lack of motivation, electro-lounge when having a dinner party, etc.

The song that I chose for this 12th 1S3V post is a classical song of the 1980s, which was exactly launched in 1986. To be honest, and for the first time, I knew a cover before the original version. The thing is that this song have been covered so many times, that it is difficult to know: Andrea Bocelli, Lara Fabian, Julio Iglesias, Luciano Pavarotti, etc.

Men and women covered this beautiful son, but I prefer the covers with a male voice, I don't even know why. And I present you 3 male voice versions of course.


The first Version: Original from Lucio Della


Like I told you, it is not the first version of Caruso that I discovered, but it is my second favourite one. Lucio Della was the singer song-writter, he unfortunately passed away, and let a gorgeous song to the music world!


The second Version: my favourite French Male Voice Florent Pagny


This is the version of Caruso that I firstly discovered. Florent Pagny is for me the most amazing male voice of France, even if I am not a big fan of his songs. Nevertheless, his Caruso cover is wonderful!


The third Version: from classical singer Josh Groban


A very important point about this song, is that it cannot be sang from anyone, if the singer has no singing technique, it is impossible to perform Caruso. Therefore it was not a challenge for Josh Groban who originally is a classic singer. He just nailed it !

I hope you had fun discovering / rediscovering the song or another version of the the song!

Please do not hesitate to share your impressions with me.

Love and take care guys !

1 comment:

  1. Merci! C'est intéressant d'entendre la version originale. N'ayant entendu, ad vitam aeternam, que la version de Pavarotti, ça me donne un regain d'intérêt pour cette chanson (dont je ne connaissais pas le titre, évidemment).

    ReplyDelete

You read me !!!