Friday, May 20, 2016

1 Song 3 Versions #13 -- With a Little Help from My Friends

Hey guys!

1 Song 3 Versions is back on the blog! And the song of today has been first launched by The Beatles. I do not know anyone who does not know one song from this worshipped British band. Nonetheless I do not belong to the huge number of fans all over the world who idolise them, I really like The Beatles but I am not like crazy about them.

And for say, I knew a cover of With a Little Help from My Friends before I heard that this is an original Beatles song, although I may have an excuse as one of the cover is extremely good and famous.


The First Version: the original from The Beatles


To be honest with you guys, I am just posting this one because it is the original version of the song. Because I am not fond of the version of With a Little Help from My Friends from The Beatles, yet it remains the first one, and has been written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney. To my point of view there is nothing more to say, but thanks for writing the song.


The Second Version: the famous cover at Woodstock 69 from Joe Cocker


The version of With a Little Help from My Friends by the very missed Joe Cocker is the one thanks to which this song became a masterpiece - this is only my personal opinion, sorry The Beatles' fans - when he sang during the Woodstock Festival of 1969. The musicality is much more flawless, the voice of Joe Cocker is stronger, the performance is just hugely amazing, and it gives me goosebumps.
I knew first the Joe Cocker's version, inasmuch my dad has the record of Woodstock 69 - I want to steal my dad's record- , and he listened to it very frequently when I was a kid.


The Third Version: the Beatles Covers professionals Ike & Tina Turner


This last version of With a Little Help from My Friends is not a surprise for the readers who have been already following the blog. Ike and Tina made several cover of Beatles songs, you can find one a previous 1S3V article on the blog.
I love the voice of Tina Turner, I always did, since I can remember. When I was kid, in 1980s I wanted to be like her, I danced like her. One day I have to get disguised as Tina !!!!


I hope you had fun discovering / rediscovering the song or another version of the the song!
Please do not hesitate to share your impressions with me.

Love and take care guys !


OK, Here is a another little something ;-)
I have to share another cover with guys: from Bon Jovi, based on the Joe Cocker cover, because I love the voice of Jon Bon Jovi :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read me !!!